Special thanks to WAIS Radio & WOUB TV for their encouragement and support.
Entry Deadline: December 15, 2016
Contest Rules & Guidelines: Manuscripts will be judged on originality, creativity, content and grammar. The purpose of the ‘Contest’ is to enable students to showcase writing creativity and talent beyond the classroom environment.
- Must include student name and grade level
- Must be typed and double spaced (Preference: 1” margins, 12 font)
- Limited to one page, 8 ½ X 11, one side
- Show originality, creativity and correct grammar
- Must be written by the student
- Creative essay or short story in paragraph format with complete sentences and punctuation.
- Write on one of the following topics:
- Rubrics will be provided upon request
- No Co-Authors, please
- Submit entries to your school teacher/principal/school librarian
- Prize and a trophy to three winners
- One Winner Each – Elementary, Middle and High School
- Honorable Mentions will receive a ribbon
- Certificates of Participation to all contestants
- Media Coverage (Radio & Newspaper)
Special Thanks to Judges 2016
Scoring rubrics are available upon request. Judges are volunteers and are applauded for enabling students to practice creative writing skills beyond the classroom environment. For more information, send a message via the contact page or email [email protected].